What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flare pistol

armystuff

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
:tinysmile_shy_t: hi guys
i thing you can go into a chandlers and buy a flare pistol for your boat without a FAC is this the case .
i was offerd two military flare pistols at car boot sale yesterday one first world war and one second world war american .
regards armystuff.

I think those WW1 brass flare pistols look great, but I am not sure if they need to be deactivated or not ? you would think that they would fit into the safety equipment bracket, or maybe an antique ? but I am not sure, best to check with an expert before buying something like that and getting yourself into trouble. Tony.

hi roller63
i was hooping to find such a person on the forum ?
i can contact the guy if i find its safe to own them
i will have to wait and see
you dont here of many bank robberys with flare pistols unless thers a power cut ?
regards armystuff. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Im sure they have to have a de-ac certificate nowadays chaps? Even before you can show them in here?
Best to check with Spotter?

best

waff

hi waff :tinysmile_shy_t:
i must stress i have not bought these yet just sitting on the fence
waitting for spotter ?
regards armystuff.

I spoke to a registered firearms dealer at pudsey yesterday ref flare pistols(theres been a few on site lately) he told me they are classed as section 1 firearm.
Also an added note the small handheld metal military mini flare launcher (pen type) have been classed as a firearm (sect 5 if i remember correctly) for a couple of years now,although it is still legal to buy the civilian plastic equivilant...

Last edited:
:tinysmile_shy_t: oops
i will have to set of my mini flares tonight (pen tipe) mate gave me some
cheers for the feedback
i had two choices buy the flare guns cheap and make a profit or shop him and collect the reward ? :tinysmile_shy_t:
only jokeing have to have a science of hummer in this hobby .
armystuff,
PS soon there will be nothing to collect