What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Bang/ Stun Grenade thread

timmymac

After seeing dano's thread post, thought I'd follow suit! OK boy's show us your BANGS!024.jpg The M84's a repro, can't seem to find the real deal :(

Here's a couple to kick things along. Cheers

Attachments

• nico_2_s.jpg
    nico_2_s.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 70
  • cs rubber.jpg
    cs rubber.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 1 fb.jpg
    1 fb.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 72
  • flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 67
  • British Assault Grenade Flash Bang small.jpg
    British Assault Grenade Flash Bang small.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 72
and some more flashbangs....

Attachments

• 100_4725.jpg
    100_4725.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Aveuglante-1.jpg
    Aveuglante-1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Fulgurante type SAE420 (1).jpg
    Fulgurante type SAE420 (1).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_5109.jpg
    100_5109.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_7330.jpg
    100_7330.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 56
Some other stun grenades...

First photo shows Belgian and Czech, 2nd photo shows French and the rest are all German-made:

Belgian & Czech Stun Gren.jpgFrench Stun Gren.jpgGerman Stun Gren 1.jpgGerman Stun Gren 2.jpgGerman Stun Gren 3.jpgGerman Stun Gren 4.jpg

Cheers,

Gary

Thanks Tony, but I can't say why all the photo's are the right way up this time so there are no guarantees for future photo's!

EOD, I'll post some more photo's of Nico grenades tomorrow and I'll try to group them by type - 1 bang, 2 bang, etc.

Cheers,

Gary

Hi EOD,

Reading some earlier posts, I expect you know much more about these Nico distraction devices than me!

Anyway, I've tried to group my Nico stun grenades by function.

The first photo shows 4 variations on the 7 bang distraction device "which is ideal for use in open areas or large rooms"

Second photo shows 1 bang devices with side vents. These all have 8 side vents, evenly spaced around the side of the grenade. I think the first grenade in this photo has Swiss markings. the 3rd grenade is German military issue and is marked DM109. the 4th grenade is Belgian, 5th is German DM27 and the last one has a screw-on CS attachment.

Third photo shows 1 bang devices with base vents. The middle grenade has Dutch military markings.

4th photo shows 6 bang devices with base vents. The first 3 have British military markings.

5th photo shows 9 bang devices with side vents. These all have 9 side vents arranged in 3 pairs of 2 vents plus 1 group of 3 vents. The second grenade has German military markings (DM99). The last grenade in this photo has British experimental markings: "GRENADE HAND ASSAULT, TRAINING SOUND XL79E2" and is dated NICO 06/99.

6th photo shows 3 other distraction devices which I assume are Nico.

The last photo shows 2 Polish stun grenades next to a Nico 9 bang device for scale.

Nico 7 Bang.jpgNico 1 Bang side vent.jpgNico 1 bang base vent.jpgNico 6 Bang.jpgNico 9 Bang.jpgOther Nico Stun Gren.jpgPolish Stun Gren.jpg

Oktato, thanks a lot!
I may know a bit about NICO but you certainly have some I have not seen in my time. You must have some very good connections.

The "BTV" means "Base and Top Vent".

Hi EOD,

Thanks for explaining the BTV. Any idea what EL stands for on the last 2 grenades in the 3rd photo?

No special connections - all bought online or at militaria markets.

I hadn't realized there were so many variations.

Checking again, I found this 2 bang version to add to the line-up:

Nico 2 bang.jpg

The "EL" was the extended version with a short tube section at the bottom so the pinky finger can not slip in front of the vents (and being blown off subsequently).
So the "E" in the "EL" was something like "extended".

Actually the "BTV" came into use because the side vents sometimes caused the grenades to jump when they came to rest on one of the vents and the grenades (depending on exact type) made a 30m vertical jump.

Are any of your NICO flash bangs made of steel?

Hi All, I'm resurrecting a thread started way back in 2013 with a nice buy from yesterday's gunshow. Based on the Forum threads it's a nice Nico 2-Bang Sound and Flash Grenade. I'm pretty sure it's Canadian issue but cannot confirm this. It's been a long time since I was able to add to my collection so I'm pretty to happy to add this to it.

Cheers,

Greg

Attachments

• 1-BANGa.jpg
    1-BANGa.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 2-BANGb.jpg
    2-BANGb.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 3-BANGc.jpg
    3-BANGc.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 4-BANGd.jpg
    4-BANGd.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 5-BANGe.jpg
    5-BANGe.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Here are 2 pages from an old export catalog of the now defunct company Piepenbrock Pyrotechnic. They produced a range of simple grenades with 1 to 7 flashbangs.IMG_0110.jpgIMG_0111.jpg

I am, looking for the cutaway drawing of a Czech p1a6 flash bang grenade.

Thanks in advance,
Regards, DJH