What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fmu-54a

BOMBSaway1980

Ordnance approved
FMU-54A sorry about the picture I took it on my cell, But I fuze was molded in clear plastic.

Attachments

• 0923091013a.jpg
    0923091013a.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 0923091014a.jpg
    0923091014a.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 83
I wonder if they only did it for the FMU-54? I've got one also, mine is marked FMU-54A(D-1)/B. The (D-1) I've referenced for submunitions as a code for specially manufactured EOD trainers. Have you seen the model for the M72 ADAM? (for those not familiar, ADAM - area denial munition, dispensed from the 155mm, later reworked as a grenade/mine, the M86 PDM.)

Attachments

• ADAM Lucite 3.jpg
    ADAM Lucite 3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 42
I've seen one for he RAAM along with a few other sub-munitions. Not sure who made all the clear trainers but they did a nice job of it.

The M72 reportedly came out of the factory. I knew a guy who knew a guy, and he knew one of the engineers. Somebody in the chain wanted a 155mm discarding sabot round I had, and the trade was born. I'd love to see some of the others though - I've got a real nice 8-inch discarding sabot round....