What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French 120 mm PEPA

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hello everybody,
I'm here again with my stupid questions.
Should somebody have pictures or technical drawings (cutaway is also perfect) of the french 120 mm PEPA mortar ?

Thanks

Yoda

120 mm PEPA

Yodamaster,

I have information about the 120 mm PEPA mortar shell.

Have to scan it and will send it to you.

Regards,

Chris

Hello everybody,
I'm here again with my stupid questions.
Should somebody have pictures or technical drawings (cutaway is also perfect) of the french 120 mm PEPA mortar ?

Thanks

Yoda

Which version are you looking for? Pretty sure that these are both the PEPA. The second is a cut-away, I can take a second photo this evening if you wish.

Attachments

• DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 73
Hi

Some informations :

PEPA : projectile propulsion additionnelle,
fabriqu par la Compagnie Franaise Thomson Houston - Hotchkiss
les obus rays PEPA permettent le tir jusqu 13 km

Related Resources :
Brandt 120 Mm Mortar
Thomson-Brandt 120 mm PEPA rocket-assisted mortar bomb France -
Description The 120 mm PEPA bomb consists of a steel body, an HE filling, aninternal solid fuel rocket motor and the V19P fuze.

The propellingcharge, made up of the primary and M120 120mm Mortar - M120 120mm Mortar

The M120 120mm Mortar replaces the M30 4.2 Inch Mortar in motorized infantry units.

The M120 is transported on the M1100 Trailer by the M998 High Mobility Multi
French 120-mm MO-120-RT-61 mortar - by WL Ruffell - Figure 35D French 120-mm 4.7-in MO-120-RT-61 heavy rifled mortar.
Made by the firm of Brandt, it is one of the larger mortars in use today.
TDA 120 mm 120R 2M self-propelled

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/terre/equipements/artillerie/mo-120mm-rtf1

video
[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8i6s2_les-appuis-mortiers-du-gtia-kapisa_news"]Dailymotion - Les appuis mortiers du GTIA Kapisa - une vidéo Nachrichten & Politik@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

introd10.jpg

US-Subs : I'm principally looking after cutaways pictures and drawings. Thanks for the work.

KZ11GR : thanks for your pictures, but we can't read the video's of YouTube ! (Pfff, Administrators,..., you known what I mean!)(Hop hop hop, they are not all bad !!!!(Spotter, Bolo,... if you hear me!!!))
I must wait to be at home for looking on the video's, collect them on a usb stick and then breng them at work !

Thanks to all.

Yoda

Pepa

Yodamaster,

Hereby two pictures.

Chris

Attachments

• 120 mm PEPA.jpg
    120 mm PEPA.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 120 mm PEPA (1).jpg
    120 mm PEPA (1).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 62
Had them mixed up. The second fin style is the cutaway.

Attachments

• DSCN1753.jpg
    DSCN1753.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN1754.jpg
    DSCN1754.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 37
US-Subs and CHris : great pictures !!

But this not the actual projectile in service in the French army, it's an old model, who's in use with the old version of the 120 mm Brandt mortar (smooth mortar). The actual version is quite different. See attachments.

120mm 3.jpg120mm 4.jpgqueue porte charge complete.jpgrelais 120.jpg