What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French 155 C Mle 1915 S Case

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Any body know if the French laquered /varnished their cases ? I have just had delivered a 155mm Mle 1915 case and after a clean up it seems to have had a coat of laquer ,very similar to a Czech 10 cm case i have re-used by the Germans .Also inside the case there seems to at sometime had a cover glued [30mm down from the top edge ] ? Theres no stencilled marking on the case and was just wondering if the case was reused by the Germans or a previous owner added the laquer ,any thoughts welcome ,regards Dave

Just putting some pictures of the case up .Any ideas ?

Attachments

• DSCF1273.jpg
    DSCF1273.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1272.jpg
    DSCF1272.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1271.jpg
    DSCF1271.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 55
Hello Big Dave
Can't really answer your question but would'nt it have been restamped if reworked/reloaded by the Germans?
I have one of these 155x250R cases very similar to yours....but no laquer or lid/plug adhesive traces.

Hi Charley , the only thing that makes me think it was re-used by the Germans is the laquer ,which is identical to a Czech 10cm case in my collection that has a full German id panel and a WAa stamp inked onto it [i cant find the post at present but the Czech case is on here somewhere ] I was just wondering if the French Army ever laquered cases or just left them plain ,regards Dave