What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French 47mm Afv

052_143t.jpg

Cheers Mad

Hi Daz
Your 37mm Round looks like the French 37mm MOD 1902 navy round i've attached a bad photo of one
Harry
MVC_001F___up.JPG

I want to thank all the lads here for correctly identifying the round that i thought and was sold as WW2 french tank shell thats twice that bstard has sold me something that wasnt right and the last time ,i do not buy off him anymore anyway because he is so expensive but will be having words with him next time i see him at an arms fair.

Thankyou lads by the way does anyone want to buy a 37mm french naval round cheaply.
High quality pics of every orriface provided via email address UK only please.

Here are my two French rounds.....although Im not completely certain the HE proj in the MLE 35 case is correct. It'll be back in another MLE 37 case later ;-)

French_Rounds.jpg

Does anyone know?
Does anyone else have other French rounds?

Rich

They are gorgeous Rich BUT would look nicer in my collection. The french had weird shaped HE rounds was there any reason for the shape?

DAZ

Hi DAZ
The rounds are
47x193R 47mm Mle1935
& the round in the photo is CARTOUCHE a OBUS de RUPTURE Mle38
47 x 378R 47mm Mle 1937
& the round in the photo is CARTOUCHE a PERFORANT AVEC FAUSSE-OGIVE,TRACEUR Mle1938

Hi Richard
the HE projectile can go in to the 35 case, there is also a Practice HE.
Harry

Hi Harry,
Thanks for the info....do you know if the AP round is also correct for the MLE 35 case?

..oh and seeing as you happen to have most rounds. you don't happen to have the 1910M 75x247r case and HE or APHE proj??

Rich

Hi Richard
There is a APHE projectile for the Mle35,
1910M 75x241r case no that is one i don't have sorry

Harry,

Is the practice HE far different from the std HE?
do you have any drawings pictures, specs etc?

Rich

Hi Richard
I only have a drawing from a manual, the Practice HE is cast iron shell loaded with black powder & fitted with the same Mle 1932 fuse shell & fuse are painted black, it looks like they are the same.
MVC_773S.JPG

Hi, I was able to add three more item to my French Tank/Anti-Tank collection recently, including the 75mm Obus explosif Mle1915 (HE) as used in the CharB1 Bis L/17.1 hull mounted gun. Probably has to be my most successful month collecting...albeit at a price. :)

As you can see from the picture, I am still waiting delivery of the fuze for the 75mm Mle1915 HE The bizarre looking fuze can be seen the second attached pic.

French_Tank_rounds_sml.jpg

see next pic

They are all gorgeous you jammy git leave me them in your will,thats the first time i have ever seen the french 75mm where did you get it from.

Well if you look at 'em, they all look pretty similar, and clearly all re-painted....Since its taken less than a month to collect these 5, Im guessing they all came from the same collection, thats obviously only just come on the market.....by chance, I managed to pickup several of them??? sounds plausible to me
Rich