What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

french 75mm

beihan62

Premium Member
Hi All,I went to a steam fair yesterday and managed to buy 2 2pdr,40x304R shell cases dated 1941 and 42,plus a 1911 french 75mm case,I have not bought anything for some time but they looked too good to miss,could anyone give me an idea as to the value and rarity of these cases please,
Many thanks Don,

Well, the French WO1 case is not rare at all. You see them everywhere, just like the German 77 mm WO1 cases. The 2-pounders are also fairly common, although I still would like it if I found some nice ones on a fair for a low price.

Hi Hoeksel,

Thanks for the info on the shell cases,I paid 10 for the 75x350 1911 case and the 2 2pdr cases were 6 each,it was an impulse buy because I only collect small calibre rounds say up to about 30mm,so I may trade them or find some other home for them,
Many thanks for your input,
Regards,Don,