What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French F1 with 1916 Billant Fuse

Trenchwarfare

I don't know if the paint scheme is correct, but looks like the only paint that's ever been on it. They don't get much better than this.:wink:

Attachments

• mornin 105.jpg
    mornin 105.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 61
  • mornin 106.jpg
    mornin 106.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 66
  • mornin 101.jpg
    mornin 101.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 53
I suspect you have a later made F1 body with a WW1 Billant fuze if the color is original. If the body were WW1 then I think it would have to be a re-paint. Nice looking piece to say the least...Dano

i think this has been repainted. im sure green was not used by the french for 1st or 2nd ww grenades. a nice light blue would be much better:tinysmile_shy_t:
paul.

Yes I agree Paul. If I find traces of paint on WW1 originals its always a pale blue.

John

Yes, it should have been blue-gray to light blue. They had as many different shades as the germans had shades of fieldgray.

Things that make you go Hmmmmm

The fuze looks great. I have one that's been repaited a pale blue, but the fuze has pitting. Yours should look really good with a bit of a colour change.

I'm glad you started this thread, as I wasn't sure about the correct colour scheme (you don't get many of them over here).

Cheers

Attachments

• 1 french.jpg
    1 french.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Please find attached pics from an original French manual from a French friend. Althougg this grenade is clearly repainted, maybe it is not wrong.

Attachments

• grenadewebby1.jpg
    grenadewebby1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 25
  • grenadewebby4.jpg
    grenadewebby4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 45