What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French F1's

paul the grenade

Seems to be a lot of interest in soviet F1's so heres a pic of some french variations.
Come on lads, lets see some more.
Have a happy new year everyone.
Paul.
:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Attachments

• french F1's.jpg
    french F1's.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 63
Here's my French F1.

Unfortunately i don't have the right fuze for it :tinysmile_cry_t4:

A happy New Year to all.

Attachments

• 100_1871.jpg
    100_1871.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_1873.jpg
    100_1873.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 23
Here's a couple I've collected along the way. The complete one has ARE on the side. I must do some renovating on these!

John

Attachments

• SSCN3232.jpg
    SSCN3232.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 34
Hi:
Some fresh pics for you Paul
:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Attachments

• F1 French W. Belgian Fuze.jpg
    F1 French W. Belgian Fuze.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 45
  • F1 French WWI.jpg
    F1 French WWI.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 45
  • F1 French WWII.jpg
    F1 French WWII.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 46
  • F1 Russian.jpg
    F1 Russian.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 45
  • F1 Yugo.jpg
    F1 Yugo.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 43
Nice collection Paul!

I currently only have 1 French F1 to represent The WW1 Era part of my US Collection.

The Body is stamped MB on one side and BM on the other, with a filling plug in the base. The Fuze Body is stamped MGB on one side and 1462 on the other. I always wondered what the letter markings and numbers signified? Would this example be of correct vintage for The WW1 Era?

Thanks and stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• Early M72 039.jpg
    Early M72 039.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
That is a very nice collection.
Regards and best wishes for 2010,
DJH

hi frank.
your one is an excellent example of a 1ww f1.
cheers, paul.

Nice collection Paul!

I currently only have 1 French F1 to represent The WW1 Era part of my US Collection.

The Body is stamped MB on one side and BM on the other, with a filling plug in the base. The Fuze Body is stamped MGB on one side and 1462 on the other. I always wondered what the letter markings and numbers signified? Would this example be of correct vintage for The WW1 Era?

Thanks and stay safe,

Frank

Hey Frank,
I think you should be punished for posting a MKI grenade on an F1 thread, but if you send it to me, I think all could be forgiven. A nice selectin of French F1s,
Gus

I also have just one French F1. It has FA stamped in body and a slow match igniter, a WW1 classic...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 169.jpg
    Picture 169.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 21
Paul, Thanks I really appreciate the info!

Gustaf, Sorry it was the only ready photo that I had on my hard drive!

Some great examples being posted here by all!

Thanks again and stay safe,

Frank

F1s 4 U. Have heard/read that black was the original color for live grenades but heard the same thing about the horizon blue. Red being the color for training grenades. The photo of 3 F1s shows the 3 colors in original paint. The blue one and the black one are in out of the box mint condition(inert of course). In the photo of the 2 F1s, the one on the left has a black base coat with a horizon blue over paint and both coats look original, possibly repainted as specifications changed like with the US MKIIs from yellow to green? The one on the right has a color that is more of a gray/olive green shade which also looks original.

Attachments

• zF1x3.jpg
    zF1x3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 21
  • zF1xx.JPG
    zF1xx.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 18
Beautiful F1's FNG61, thanks for showing. I'm kind of partial to the F1 knowing that the US used them before the MK1 took over. I really like the billiant fuze..Dano