What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French HE & Shrapnel shells

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi Could anybody tell me what colour the french WW1 HE shells and Shrapnel were painted were they the same colour as our shells? andybody got any pic's

Andy

here this i found !!

Maybe it will help you !!

best regards David

this is for HE rounds !!

Attachments

• Farbmuster Franzsischer Granaten 2.jpg
    Farbmuster Franzsischer Granaten 2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 93
Here they are !!

this i found also it should be all what you want !!!
i gues the first one obus the balle should be the shrapnell shell but my frence is not much good !!

Best regards David

Attachments

• Farbmuster Franzsischer Granaten 1.jpg
    Farbmuster Franzsischer Granaten 1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 61
Andy,
Here is a picture of several such shells. I have used it for years as a reference for my restoration work, and have forgotten where I found it. -Rick

Attachments

• 75mmFrench -US_Rounds.jpg
    75mmFrench -US_Rounds.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 97
Thanks Rick, thats a nice picture and good for reference for my restoration project
Cheers
Andy

you are most welcome Andy

i hope you post some pics of your restore projekt it would be nice to see !!
i was trying to find out what kind of red they have used but till now i dont find anything i gues an RAL number would be helpfull !!

best regards David

Hi David, i will post some pics when i get started the nearest match i think for the paint is red oxide primer
Cheers
Andy

yes

yes andy i gues red oxide primer will do it !!

best regards David

waiting for the pics of the restored grenade :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Hi David as we have sorted the colour for the shrapnel round do you know what shade of yellow for the HE and do you now what sort of fuse was used.
regards
Andy

Dear Andy

this should be the right fuze for the He round ! Impact fuze 24/33 Mk. 1899
about the color maybe i will post later i am still searching the color code and the name !

best regards David

Hi Dave83, do you have all this pic that you posted as i need to see all the writeing.
Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• Farbmuster Franzsischer Granaten 2.jpg
    Farbmuster Franzsischer Granaten 2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 15
No Andy sorry !!

No Andy sorry i dont have this pics thats all what i had because i only collect german shells this what i have postet was the only thing what i have found ! !

Best regards David