What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French Hotchkiss 25mm

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
French Hotchkiss 25mm....thats as much as i know,should it have a driving band ??
Anymore info is welcome on this round cutaway drawings,what used with etc etc
thanks spotter

Attachments

• 1111DSC00023.jpg
    1111DSC00023.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 92
There was no driving band on this type of projectile, it is unusual as it is more like a large rifle calibre AP round with a jacket and a hardened steel core.

Hi:
These were used in the Spanish Civil War and after in the WWII.

Attachments

• French 1.jpg
    French 1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 123
  • French 2.jpg
    French 2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 95
  • French 3.jpg
    French 3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 101
  • French 4.jpg
    French 4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 101
25mm

Hi
Picture 1: for 25 mm CA Mle 38, 39,40 DCA
Steel case 25 Mle 34 P
brass case 25 HE Mle38
25 HE T Mle 39
25 mle 38 Reduced range

For Gun SA 25 mm Mle 34 and 37 A.T.
25 Mle 34 PT green point
25 Mle 34 P black point
25 Mle 34 Reduced range

Pictures 2 and 3 Magazine charging

Attachments

• 25mm-1.jpg
    25mm-1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 25mm-2.jpg
    25mm-2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 160
  • 25mm.jpg
    25mm.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 140
Doctor, where the inert practise projectiles for the 25mm Hotchkiss AA round originally painted, or were they left plain?

Hi
Not the same type bullet for AT
There is not HE bullet used on AT Case
On my 1 post, the 2 pictures , you have all possibility of assembled case we can found
You can see there is not HE shell for AT cases
There is an other type of case not on the picture used in Marine Gun
No data of it

That right
You have a good picture of 25 AA Gun page76 in Anti Aircraft artillery book fromV Hogg and page 158 an hotchkiss 25mm AT of Allied Artillery book from V Hogg
25 mm AT are in box of 40 round or 12 in metalic box

25mm Drill Round

Hi all,
Have found this a most interesting thread. Apparently we Brits used this round in the very early stages of WW2, until the ammo was all used up. I have a couple of (inerted) rounds in my collection, but I have never seen a Drill round. Were any ever made, and if so, has anybody seen one?

Doctor--Can you post a pic of the boxes the AT 25mm Hotchkiss ammo came in? Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Hi all,

I love these Hotchkiss rounds, but never knew the Britisch used them. Recently a ammo case was up for sale, but I don't collect cases. Here are my round from left to right:
- steel, German
- brass, German, HE
- Japanese, HE
- French, practice short range
- French, practice
- French, HE
- French, experimental (anybody has more info? I have 1 reference with this projectile on the case right of it, but nothing else)
- French, experimental AA case
- French, blank round

Attachments

• Hotchkiss.jpg
    Hotchkiss.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 80
Green tip 25mm Hotchkiss AT Ammo and ammo boxes

I have seen reference to green tip 25mm AT ammo. Any good pics of this? Also, would this have been the round used against a tank? Doc made reference to boxes of 40 rounds, and I wonder if anybody has any pics of these? Thanks for your time and expertise in looking at this.

Between 2008 and now, a man in Colorado had a 25mm Hotchkiss AT gun, that he regularly shot, and then sold. At the time he had 80 original rounds of green tipped ammo, 64 of which was still in original boxes. He never took any pics of the boxes or ammo, and I can't so far get in touch with the new owner.

• :tinysmile_cry_t4: