What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

french MG 151-20

Caracal

I have received that from a former factory worker, hope you will like it

regards

Attachments

• IMGP6178 [Rsolution de l'cran].jpg
    IMGP6178 [Rsolution de l'cran].jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMGP6172.jpg
    IMGP6172.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 76
Nice rounds Caracal. Do you know how late they were still made in France? I have the one on left ( inert training projectile ) dated 1981.

Finland modified a big number of MG151/20's for close AA-mg's in 1950's and purchased later on at least training ammo from France.

I guess it was removed in the 80's. Was used a lot as door gun on some french hlicopters.

Do you have Finnish 151 rounds?

Never seen or even heard of Finnish made MG151-20 rounds. I think we had enough German WW2 ammo until the guns were stripped from BF 109 planes in early 1950's.
Some years ago I saw a huge lot of spent cases fired in 1980's from modified AA-MG's. They were all German WW2 cases, except some French ones.
This is just my guess but I think we had enough "real" WW2 ammo but for training needed more inert shells and bought them from France.

thanks for the info about the fact that Finland bought to France this rounds!

regards