What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French WW2 105mm Mle 1935

Vasco Da Gama

Found this item in an antique shop and had to pay antique prices because it was shiny! Not a case that I have come across before, French 105mm Mle 1935 (105x245) and made in 1937. The reason I paid the extra was for an example of what I think is the correct closing lid for separate loading ammunition for this gun. The lid is an excellent fit and a strong pull on the handle is required to remove it from the case. With a small amount of sealant I am sure it would be water tight. I am amazed at the amount of work that has gone into this item, potentially to be discarded on the battlefield. Posted for general interest but I would be pleased to see any other examples of similar French items. Interesting primer, more Germanic that French.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 31
Hi, this lid is indeed correct/original. Over here the case is frequent and about 1 out of 4 is with lid. The primer is correct. I have a few in my collection because it can have significant different head stamps.

I have 105C.Mle1935 and 105C.Mle1935 N (does anybody know the meaning of the letter N?)
Most cases, like yours, have the date at 12'o'clock and are manufactured by ATE or ARS, I have a Sc-Bx made case that has 1935D at 3'o'clock (does anybody know the meaning of the letter D?)