What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fuze 425

diego

Hi everybody

i m looking for some nice pictures of the n425 fuze for the PIAT. Does anybody have that ?

thanks

diego

Hello,

I'm looking for a picture too !

"sgdbr", the fuze you show is inert (for transit or practice)

Regards

As described in one of the previous linked threads, the No.425 was an insensitive fuze because of the strong creep spring used, which often resulted in a "blind" or dud round. A reason for their scarcity may be that those that were not used were scrapped and destroyed on being replaced by the No.426. The following memo describes troop trials identifying the problems with the No.425 and the imminent replacement by the No.426.

Acknowlegements to AWM Canberra re the memo.

Attachments

• PIAT rpt1.jpg
    PIAT rpt1.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PIAT rpt2.jpg
    PIAT rpt2.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 24
Interesting that the Boys Rifle is still being used as an anti-tank weapon as late as March 1944.

Interesting that the Boys Rifle is still being used as an anti-tank weapon as late as March 1944.

Against the light tanks and tankettes that the Japanese were using in New Guinea, Borneo (and the Pacific islands), perhaps the one remaining happy hunting ground for a Boys.

I did a clearance task about 2007 where bulk disposal had taken place ,we found lots of piat fuzes unfortunately i only have these two photos,

piat1.jpgpiat cart n fuze.jpg