What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze for the 4.2-inch Recoilles Mortar ammunition

Off the top of my head I remember seeing it in only one or two books, never in a manual. Seems like it was in one of two books put out just after the war, I think one was Weapons of WWII, in about 1946, the other I think was Miscellaneous Weapons, printed about the same time. Both are really excellent references, showcasing many weapons that are rarely reported elsewhere - Beano grenades, etc. If no one else comes up with it in a day or two remind me on Friday and I will try to look for it.

I searched, but no luck. Not in the two I mentioned, and the problem is that sometimes when a reference has many different and varied items it is hard to register it in a manner that you can find one particular piece. I reached out to a mortar collector friend, and he at least identified three of his references, none of which I have. He also included a photo of his driver cartridge.

Resized_Resized_20230204_081036.jpgResized_Resized_20230204_080934.jpgResized_Resized_20230204_081205.jpg Resized_Resized_20230204_074615.jpg

US-Subs,

Thanks for the Info. I will start to find the manuals.

Greetings - Antoon