What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fuze GPV-3

all i have on it is the following Overall length 125 mm
Exposed length 81 mm
Max Dia 40 mm
Used on 152? mm Projectiles

GPV-3
Used with.......
BP-540,152mm HEAT-T
BK-3, 100mm HEAT-FS-T

Attachments

• gpv-3 russian fuze.jpg
    gpv-3 russian fuze.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 118
Gpv 3

Hi Allan
Thanks for the extra info i only had basic details
cheers

Hi,
thank for info I have photos of 152 BP540 with this fuze.
do zou know anythink abote function of the fuze? the fuze GPV-2 is piezoelectric has GPV-3 the same function?
buki

Attachments

• 152EPrSv.jpg
    152EPrSv.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 67
  • 152EPrSv..jpg
    152EPrSv..jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 152EPrSv stopovka.jpg
    152EPrSv stopovka.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 31
Here a cutaway of it, not mine. It is a piezo initiated fuze with a spit back detonator same as the GPV-2.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 94
Hello,
I have found some new information about fuze. GPV-3 is piezoelectric self destruct fuze and its function is similar as the GPV-2 but it uses spinning to get detonator housing to firing line instead of linear moving as in GPV-2. I found old Russian manual so I tried to translate the function of the fuze. Maybe someone who speaks Russian better than me would translate it better. The holes in the nose of the fuze increase its graze sensitivity.

Unarmed fuze is as in the picture 2. A detonator 44 is housed in the rotor 42 and pivoted out of the firing line. The rotor is secure in this position by a detent 38 which is secure against moving by pyrotechnic element 40 and by a steel ball 31, which is secure in the position by a setback pin 30. The electro-detonator is shorting in the circuit by a spigot 29 as is seen in the picture 3a. The self destruction is compound from a primer 49, firing pin 50, creep spring 51and pyrotechnic train.
On firing the primer 49 overcomes the spring 51 and hits the firing pin thus initiates the self destruction. Simultaneously the setback pin 30 overcomes the spring and releases the steel ball 31. The outer rim of circular contact(K) 20 sets back as well thus is connected with the part 22 and shorts the PE element as seen in the picture 3b.
During flight the pyrotechnic element securing detent 38 is ignited by self destruction train, it burns away and releases the detent. Now nothing prevents the rotor 42 in moving thus the rotor is turned by centrifugal force so that spigot 29 is moved away from firing line and replaced by the electro-detonator. The electro-detonator is in the firing line now. Simultaneously the setback force ceases to affect the contact 20 and it is returning back to previous position so contact 20 is opened again, the picture 3c.
On impact the nose part of the fuze is deformed, contact 20 as well thus the PE crystal is pressed, electric circuit closed and detonator initiated, the picture 3d.

Attachments

• sejmout0004.jpg
    sejmout0004.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 58
  • sejmout0005.jpg
    sejmout0005.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 53
  • sejmout0006.jpg
    sejmout0006.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49