What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze Id Needed.

Jagd301

Can anyone id this relic fuze. Sadly the markings have been scratched over and are not visible due to the damage. It had red in the inner rear section and looks to be steel and aloy construction. Any ideas what this is from woul be welcome. Regards, Tim

Attachments

• fuze one.jpg
    fuze one.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 58
  • fuze two.jpg
    fuze two.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 35
81 mm Mortar

Looks like you have a an 81mm Mortar Fuze complete with threaded adaptor, the threaded adaptor was I believe used on very early production W/P mortars (or more likely have been during the experimental stages only).:eek:oh:

I have just noticed that your threaded adaptor has traces of the INERT red wax filler used on early experimental bombs although this confuses with an exploded nose fuze (one of the adaptions applied early on was to fit a Number 162 Fuze into an alloy adaptor that then screwed into a steel adaptor ring (such as you show here).

Now I am thoroughly confused (not that it takes much these days!)

Last edited: