What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze ID please

clive

Hi I'm new here and wanted to say hello and ask for some advice, I find lots of stff metal detecting and the site I.m searching at the moment is turning up what I believe to be anti aircraft shrapnel,this weekend we found this fuze which measures 60mm at the widest point, can any of you guys tell me what it came from, its dated 8/1941 and does not have any of the timer marks found on some of the other fragments that we have found.The .50 cal round on the right of the picture I'm familiar with but the fuze it a new one for me. Thanks Clive.
DSCF4767.jpg

Looks to me a 221 time and percussion fuze, used on the 25 smoke shell,
if the top of the fuze, is made of aluminium

It all seems to be copper, numbers on the side are BR.8.41 NO 700I GK 1941 24 Its also very heavy.

The No 700 was a rocket fuze used for AA defence.

Here is a pic of a Mk 1 drill version.

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• 700 MK I DRILL.jpg
    700 MK I DRILL.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Andyd that matches this one, mine is missing the timing ring. Don't know much about this weapon can you educate me? Clive.

Hope this doc can be read!

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• NO_700_TEXT.jpg
    NO_700_TEXT.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 18
If you enlarge the last doc you can just about read it!

Here's a cutaway diagram.

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• ROCKET_NOSE_FUZE_NO_700_MK_2.jpg
    ROCKET_NOSE_FUZE_NO_700_MK_2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 18