What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze ID

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

I keep for some time two pictures of an unknown fuze posted on Bocn.

Today I found completely by chance the same fuze in a Spanish auction website. Coudl it be a Spanish fuze (or made for Spain with a strange Czech design) ?

Regards

Time%20fuze,%20unknown,%201.jpgTime%20fuze,%20unknown,%201a.jpg45395978.jpg45395978_21890182.jpg45395978_21890127.jpg45395978_21890133.jpg45395978_21890166.jpg

The aluminium cap on the left picture is not correct. The fuze is designed for a sheet metal cap. The original cap was crimped into the groove around the upper ring of this fuze.

I can't help you anymore with the identification, but after looking one more time at this fuze and the pictures of the sectioned fuze I don't longer think it is czech design. Only the outside shape of the fuze body has some traces of czech design. The mechanics inside doesn't remember me of any czech fuze. And when looking at the time scale on this fuze I would fully exclude that this fuze was made by Skoda or an other czech factory. The numbers on this scale are manufactured very inaccurate - maybe hand stamped. All czech or czechoslovakian fuzes I have seen are quality products with perfect and clean manufactured scales.