What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze Nose Direct Action No 152 / 152A

AMMOTECHXT

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
I found these a few years ago in an area that was used for infantry training, most likely in the period 1942 - 1944. They were fitted with thin metal covers over the top of the fuze, hence this is why I believe they were No 152 or 152A, rather than the No 138 or 150 fuze (the only difference between the 152 and 152A was in the metal of the retaining ball), having 1.375 Inch fuze hole gauge (Source: DWS Notes On Ammunition, Issue 15, Mortar Bombs). A couple of them still had the remnants of the fuze adapter around them and some of the strikers were still attached. The fuzes are made of zinc alloy. Apologies - Spotter has just pointed out to me that some of these fuzes (those in photos 1,2 and 6) are likely to be from 2 inch HE mortars, No 151 or No 161. I've only ever seen them as part of live bombs, in better condition even on blinds, until I found these.
CNV00077.JPGCNV00079.JPGCNV00080.JPGCNV00081.JPGCNV00082.JPGCNV00078.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: