What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze plug?

AndyD

I was wondering if anyone could help me ID what I believe is a fuze plug please?

Threads measure 30mm in diameter and the top is marked 52 SES
1.2 MK 6

I was hoping someone could identify the round it would have been used with,plus,is fuze plug the correct term?

Sorry,no pics as camera is playing up again!

Cheers,
Andy

Hi Andy
I think a Fuze plug is a dummy fuze used for training puposes im sure someone on here will tell me if im wrong.

I know that a plug rep is a downrated fuze used for practice.

This item is screwed into the top of the projectile and then removed when a fuze is fitted,possibly a transit plug?

Cheers,
Andy

Fuze/transit plug,pics now here!

Eventually managed to get the camera to co-operate for 5 mins.

Here are the 2 pics,diameter of threads is 30mm.

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• PLUG 1.jpg
    PLUG 1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PLUG 2.JPG
    PLUG 2.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 12
Any idea on which projectile(s) this would have been used with please?

Cheers,
Andy

Plug;

Hi Andy,
Question - is the copper/brass looking object beneath the threaded area part of the plug or just something to set it on?
Regards,
John

not much help here!

Looks like your basic transit plug to me, but after reading another thread, just might be a butt plug! but as far as to which projectile it fitted I have no idea. Nice kit item. I saw a collection of projectile transit plugs one time at a show and it made for quite a nice display..Dano

Last edited:
Plug;

Andy,
I should have asked this earlier but threads per inch, clockwise or counter-clockwise and thread diamter might give some another clue. I haven't one but would guess that it is a plug vs fuze. The lower section might simulate the booster or gaine.
Regards,
John

plug

Sure its a plug with the lower round piece going into the cavity the fuze gaine would normally go into, 1.2 is for the 40mm L60 Bofors British HE shell. However my plug does not have the gaine extension. 2pr