What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G60 Question

I've had one of those but a long time ago & I think the fuze was the same MTY type as used on the Schermuly grenades . Hope this helps . Mike.

ive just had a look at mine and there are no markings on the fuze or lever so im not sure what the official designation is.
paul.

Thank you both for your replies. Mine also has no markings on it Paul. I think you're correct Mike - the assembly is the same as the Mettoy one on the Schermuly, excepting that it has a threaded column which screws down into the main body of the G60, as opposed to the 'threaded collar' of the Schermuly. Essentialy it looks just like a Striker Mech No. 2/3 (shown below) apart from that difference.

img9714cols2.jpgimg9715cols2.jpg

After having done some more research, I think the fuse assy is the L159A1 as found on the Chorley L56A1 Practice gren. Would you agree?

No . Nothing like it . The L159A1 lever has 4 dents stamped upward into the back of the lever & they are all clearly marked as practice grenade fuzes.

mvc-853s.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Ahh yes, I see now. Is there another variant of that lever type perhaps that anyone knows of? The assy appears identical asides from the 4 dents.

usstuncols1.jpg

That type of lever was used on any number of fuze assemblies . If it's not marked it's difficult to say what it's from.

Hi. There are several different styles of lever used with these stun grenades. Some are straight (like those used with traditional canister chemical grenades) and others shaped to fit the grenade. Most are unmarked, but I do have one that has been tagged. Im unsure of the fuze designation, but as far as I know it is unique to this type of munition. Cheers

Attachments

• M7.jpg
    M7.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 35
Thank you for the information, it is very helpful and I appreciate it muchly. If I find out any more about the designation I will be sure to let you all know.