What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Bomb recovered in Brest (France)

kz11gr

Hello

here, the news :

http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmi...esamorcee-en-toute-securite_-1190324_actu.Htm

And the object :
091213123016659_10_000_apx_470__w_ouestfrance_.jpg

30.000 tons of bombs droppred on Brest during the war. About 10% unexplosed ..

Attachments

• bbe.jpg
    bbe.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thats interesting the pistol looks in nice condition , as does the bomb was this recovered from the sea ? my french is very poor , mercy

Thank you for sharing the article and picture. I returned two weeks ago from a trip to Normandy and Paris and the military museums and history presented were fantastic! The ordnance and other items discovered has always fascinated me.

I found a great book while in Paris titled 'Great War Archeology' by Yves Desfosses, Alain Jacques and Gilles Prilaux who discuss the number of trenches, bunkers, field graves and and even a British Mark IV tank that have been recently uncovered in France. Some very good pictures of excavations are included.

Thanks again,
Alan