What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

german 20mm fuse

navyman

Hello all,
I'm trying to dismantle the inert nose fuse from a 20mm German cannon shell projectile. I can see that there is a locking pin driven into it so that it can't get loose in transit etc. I have started to drill this tiny pin out but don't know how deeply seated it is. Has anyone a diagram of this fuze so that I can try and drill the pin out without causing any more damage than neccessary?
Many thanks,
navyman.

Attachments

• 20mm fuse 2.jpg
    20mm fuse 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 104
Hello al'saad,
I know little about fuzes, hence my interest here. The projectile is in a 42 dated case. The marks surrounding the fuze read; ZZ 1505A 9(?)XW +69 43
I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Best regards,
navyman.

Az1505

You may find this drawing that I did a bit more useful for showing the construction of the ZZ1505. Drawing should say "ZZ".

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• ZZ1505.jpg
    ZZ1505.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 75
Thank you Tony,
Yet another skill I didn't know you had. My favorite subject at school was engineering drawing, in art I couldn't draw a straight line but ED was fascinating and is one of the few things that has come in useful in later life when model making, and doing restoration.
Your drawing will be very helpful.
Thanks again,
Guy.

Drawings

At one point in the dim and distant past I was going to do a book on German 2 cm cannon but events overtook things. I have exploded drawings of all of the main German 2cm fuses plus some cutaway drawings of shells and case draw sets.

Cheers
TonyE