What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 77mm Shrapnel

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi Thought i would show this as i have just finished it as you can see before and after and thought i would stencil this one ST as the standard one has nothing on it.
Andy

Attachments

• German 77mm.jpg
    German 77mm.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 118
  • P1020622.jpg
    P1020622.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Thanks Richard i have had this one for a while and was playing around with some colours i think its good enough.
Cheers
Andy

Hi Thought i would show this as i have just finished it as you can see before and after and thought i would stencil this one ST as the standard one has nothing on it.
Andy

ooooo i like i like
youve done very well there mate!
did you have to use filler mate?
what technique do you use for painting and filling?
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 18pdr, i did not use much filler at all i normally use P38 car body filler and Humbrol hobby paint, i used No 109 matt its called WW1 blue and just darkened it a shade and when dry gave it a matt varnish and for the stencils i used the clear plastic you use to cover books with and cut it with a craft knife, the fuse is a relic that came with it the threads have gone and just sits there so will be after one later on but they seem to be hard to get
Cheers
Andy

realy nice work my friend !

i think the color is good the blue looks like correct for it !!

wbr David

Thanks Der Feldgraue, i am know doing another one its the one to the left of the 77mm in the photo but need a fuze adaptor for it can anybody help.
Cheers
Andy

Fuze adapter drawings

For me it would be also intersting there are some drwings for the fuze adaptors outsiude there i have a good acces to some machine shops maybe i can make some new ones because the original ones are realy rare i have aprox 10 7,7 cm shells laying at home without this adaptor !

May anyone can help here

Wbr David

Hi David, That would solve allot of problems as they are hard to get if you could do that all you need is a good drawing or an original one to copy.
Andy

yes right andy

yes right the only problem is i am not at home i forgott to take an original one ore made a drawing !
Maybe anyone can help with it

Maybe jens he got a lot of good restoring work ha should have some disasembled !

wbr David

Yes that could be a problem perhaps someone can help, i don't know how much one would cost to make, any body got any suggestions!!
Andy

Ha, I need them too :tongue: :frown: ;) I also got one of them made by a friend, but if I had more of them, I could fill some baskets with shrapnel shells as I found a lot of them but didn't took them because I missed the adapters. I have only the old type adapter in original. What we need for WW1 77 shrapnels are the "umgendert" types which are larger than the peacetime adapters.