What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 7x57R

soldier66

At my last founds, i came across a strange cartridge, its 5.5cm long and on the buttom is written * RWS*7x57R.(see foto)
This cartridge was found between a lot of german cartridges and this was the only one of this type.
Can someone tell what kind of cartridge this is and white what type of weapon it is fired.

Soldier66PIC_0805.jpg

it's a very common civil calibre used by hunters ;-) No relation to the military... RWS = german manufacturer "Rheinisch Westflische Sprengstoff AG"

Last edited:
Alpini

Thats true but its also possible that it is used by a ww1 weapon, becaus in that area the defending of the heimat was very importent.
I think that it is possible that a ww1 weapon was used in that area.
I also know that some nem age hunting rifles us 7x57R amo but this cartridge was in de same ground layer as the rest of the german cartridges, so it seems unlikely that it is a modern hunting cartridge.