What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 88 training poster

Hope it's OK to post this here.
Help needed, I have been offered this poster for $400us is this a good price?
I know it's for a practice round but if anyone can give me a bit more info it would be great. I would prefer a HE poster but are hard to find.

Attachments

• 88a.jpg
    88a.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 88bl.jpg
    88bl.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 88br.jpg
    88br.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 88t.jpg
    88t.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 44
Hi,
A very nice poster to have, but i think that and i could be wrong here $400.00 is way to expensive for this item. What do the rest of you think ?
Best Weasel.

As tough as these posters are to find in decent condition I think 400.00 too steep. I have seen WW1 and WW2 posters fetch some big dollars though. Seems way to steep for a poster to me..Dano

Thanks Guys, what sort of price should I be looking at? and has anyone seen these around? The size of this one is 45" x 33".

Last edited:
Nice poster.
I think the difficulty with this one is do you want an original poster or do you want the information that is on the poster.
Personally I find the information interesting but am not too interested in having the original book/poster.
You may find that the price you have been offered is right......... for a poster collector. Anything '88 seems to demand a premium.
Dave.

Gday Dave, yes I'm looking for this type of poster to frame and add to my 88 collection. However wanted to do some research as it is the first one I have come across. At the end of the day I guess it is what one is prepared to pay but I want to be in the right price range.

Thanks Guys, what sort of price should I be looking at? and has anyone seen these around? The size of this one is 45" x 33".

Heres my two penneth!!

Its all a matter of personal choice. I have never seen one of these before and it is a desireable subject matter and if I were collecting 88 related items I would give it serious consideration. It may be 'expensive' but when will you see another? - also consider what would the money buy in other 88 related items!!

Put it this way, if it were an original wartime German poster of an SD2 I wouldn't think twice - but hey, thats just me!! (because thats what I collect)

In reallity its a piece of paper, never intended to have any value- like everything we collect. At the end of the day it is what it is worth to you........if you think it is too much, why not offer the seller the maximum you will pay, he can only say no. That way you have contented yourself that you 'had a go' at obtaining it, rather than regretting it later.......and maybe, you might just end up with a nice piece at a better price.

So its back to you........

regards Kev

Be careful when it comes to buying 'original' posters as with todays technology on copying,one get get stung.
I was offered a beautiful looking Incendiary Bomb cutaway poster at Beltring.The seller wanted an awful lot of money for prints of it.
Was really a nice item,looked great(almost convinced me it was a real one)but as said,the seller did indeed reveal it was a scan/print/whatever you call it.
I would have gave him a few quid for one but deffo not his asking price.

best

waff

Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it. Please keep me in mind if anyone comes across any of these posters real or not.