What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German anti-lift device E.Z. 44

whsammler

Today I had a chance to "fiddle n drool" over this mega rare E.Z. 44 anti-lifting device.

It was sectioned & mounted poorly by the Canadian Armed Forces EOD section for training ......but hell who cares this is a rare bird I'm ready to sell a kidney to add this to my collection.

Not for sale at this time but I did put my hat in the ring....cross your fingers for me.......:nerd:

Enjoy the photos guys.

Attachments

• antilift 1.jpg
    antilift 1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 207
  • antilift 2.jpg
    antilift 2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 197
  • antilift 3.jpg
    antilift 3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 204
I have one in relic form, a sinister piece of kit especialy for eod crew of the time.

got recently these pics of the rare transport-box for the E.Z.S.M.2 (EntlastungsZnder Sofortznder Metall 2) or more commonly EZ 44.

CIMG0285.jpg nothing spectacular on the first view.

DSC00428 (2).jpg unfortunately the fuses, winding-keys and arming-wires are missing, but the label is really remarkable.

DSC00427 (2).jpg

the used term S.M.1 (Sofortznder Metall 1) is an early misprint, as the fuse was soon renamed to E.Z.S.M.2
after that, it stood in the nomenclature between the new S.F.1 (Sofortznder 1 - the whole-glass fuse for the metal-free Topfmine) and the E.Z.S.F.3 (EntlastungsZnder Sofortznder 3 - the metal-poor, bakelite made anti-lifting device).

originally the Mrklin & Cie. at Gppingen (code bkg) was thought to be the only producer of the EZ 44, but with pjo there is a second, yet unknown one.
situated at Nuremberg, it is presumably the Schuco Co. !?
both companies have been well known manufacturers of fine metal toys before and after the war. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Last edited:
got recently these pics of the rare transport-box for the E.Z.S.M.2 (EntlastungsZnder Sofortznder Metall 2) or more commonly EZ 44.

:tinysmile_twink_t2:

This is Excellent information and pictures Peter. Very interesting, thanks for posting this.

Regards, Steve

Last edited: