What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German bakelite bomb fuze pots

waffenamt

Here are a couple of pics of latest acquisitions.
The long 17 pot going to my mate satan18(Jammy git!,you sure you dont want to swap? :tinysmile_tongue_t:) and the smaller one stays with waffi.
Now the question is,what is with that strange lid on the smaller pot?
Im thinking its for a type 55 with a nose switch?? A bit of a shame its been drilled in the past,but im sure it could be restored?

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7005823.jpg
    S7005823.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 31
  • S7005824.jpg
    S7005824.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 31
  • S7005826.jpg
    S7005826.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29
Waff,
Is there any type designation in the pot ( L2 in the normal ones ). Also curious to learn what type is mentioned in the long one?

Hi T,
The long one is now packed and off down to Phil,he will be putting up detailed pics but im sure its the '2L Verle' one?
There are no markings on the lid of the small mystery one.

best

waff

I recall a site in North where tens of 55 fuzes had been burned. Quite a few nose swithes were found as well. There also were bakelite pot remains but I can't remember any other lids than normal.
I must admit that there also were 25 fuzes at the same site. Thus this does not exclude it that your pot could be for 55 anyway.

Hi T,
The long one is now packed and off down to Phil,he will be putting up detailed pics but im sure its the '2L Verle' one?
There are no markings on the lid of the small mystery one.

best

waff
Hear is my latest long pot Via Germany and Waff to Essex.
I think it has a mis matched top as the dates dont match but still a very nice pot.

Attachments

• EBAY PICS 006.jpg
    EBAY PICS 006.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 19
  • EBAY PICS 005.jpg
    EBAY PICS 005.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 16