What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Bombs in Italian Army

kz11gr

German Bombs old pictures

here some pictures :

• Heavy bomb in the Italian Army .
  • AB with SD10 (german Luftwaffe)

Attachments

• bbeGerm.jpg
    bbeGerm.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 119
  • bbe_sd10.jpg
    bbe_sd10.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Great photo kz,

I think there is a picture of one of these bombs around the forum? I think its over a thousand pounder and usually coloured blue if i recall correctly?
Where's Madbomber on this? :)

best

waff

Cheers Steve,
I was thinking it looks bigger than a Hermann? Thats a helluva set of tailfins.They would look good in my back garden! :p

best

waff

Hi Paul i thought that but on closer inspection it is there by the packing straps , standing next to the Hermann we presented to the Royal engineers museum , the fins look out of proportion

Hi Paul i thought that but on closer inspection it is there by the packing straps , standing next to the Hermann we presented to the Royal engineers museum , the fins look out of proportion

yeah,i see it now.
well spotted that man!

W

Hi paul
The Hermann minus its Kopring we presented to the RE Museum in 1990

Attachments

• EODTIC V2 fuze and museum visit 038.jpg
    EODTIC V2 fuze and museum visit 038.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 56
Hi Lee
That Hermann came from a disbanded TA regiment Royal Engineers (bomb disposal) and was refurbished by RE workshops , and presented to the museum on the 50th aniversary of the formation of Bomb disposal, its complete with a rather nice (28) series fuze.