What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German box

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Picked this up at a show the other day. I'm not normally much for containers, but they make decent backdrops and it was cheap. Can any of you box guys give me some info on it? Thanks.

DSCN2436.jpg

Patronenkasten 88 = cartridge box model 1888 (for 7.92x57), not very uncommon here. There are normally small stamps with the year and factory on the box.

Patronenkasten 88 = cartridge box model 1888 (for 7.92x57), not very uncommon here. There are normally small stamps with the year and factory on the box.

Alpini the box shown by Us-Subs is not the Patronenkasten 88 but Patronenkasten 88 B.The Patronenkasten 88 B was introduced 1943.The Patronenkasten 88 about 50 jears earlier.
I add two pictures with the both different wooden crates.Patronenkasten 88 B V.jpg1305 Patr 88 Schlachtfeld.jpg

I am always looking for boxes 7.92x33 with labels for my book about the development and production of the 7.9 Kurzpatrone.

Norbert