What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Diskushandgranate 1915, Vaule?

natocollector

Whats the value on a German Diskushandgranate 1915?

I have an opportunity to buy this, but the condition scares me: the top cap is rusted and won't come off.

l_1004778889.jpg

Last edited:
That's actually not too bad a condition. I've seen far worse. Bearing in mind these were supposed to have an operational life of a few months 100 years is not bad.

The top cap should not come off. It is attached to a tube. You pull the pin, pull the top cap upwards which exposes a star shaped striker in the middle of the grenade. It is now ready to throw.

The only bits that normally come off are the 5 brass caps, 4 of which cover small rods each of that had a small detonator. When one of the 4 hit the 'star' it went off setting off the main det which is in the base cap.

Value in Euro's ? I've seen them from 20 euros for a very rough one to 100 for a good one.

John

Last edited:
That's actually not too bad a condition. I've seen far worse. Bearing in mind these were supposed to have an operational life of a few months 100 years is not bad.

The top cap should not come off. It is attached to a tube. You pull the pin, pull the top cap upwards which exposes a star shaped striker in the middle of the grenade. It is now ready to throw.

The only bits that normally come off are the 5 brass caps, 4 of which cover small rods each of that had a small detonator. When one of the 4 hit the 'star' it went off setting off the main det which is in the base cap.

Value in Euro's ? I've seen them from 20 euros for a very rough one to 100 for a good one.

John

Thanks John, didnt see your answer until now. The guy wants 60€, probably a right price. But ill wait, looking for a more mint item.