What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German early Bundeswehr AT Mine KNICKZÜNDER DM39 SMZ LOS RM

Excellent!

Ever heard about a fuze DM19 as precursor of the shown DM39? (Maybe the mine fuze DM19 was the precursor)

I hope to see more "specialities" from you.

The DM19 Zug u. Zerschneidzünder is for the AP Mine DM31 Schützenabwehrspringmine. This one only for AT Mines...

This is the DM19 Mine fuze.
The correct desingnation for DM39 is "Sprengmittelzünder DM39 Knick" and he is used in booby traps and in all typ of mines.
The DM19 is the precorsor of the DM39. In 1973 the DM39 replace the DM19.

Attachments

• dm19 1.jpg
    dm19 1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Maybe someone could share diagrams of Dm19 and Dm39 (?)

Only from the DM39, this fuze is not so rare.......the DM19 is much rarer.......i have not found any documentation in many years about the DM19.

Attachments

• DM39.jpg
    DM39.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 84
The AT Mine DM11 need the Minenzünder DM46.
My picture shows the Dummy Fuze DM30......at the monent i dont have an DM46......but the form is the same.

Attachments

• dm30.jpg
    dm30.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 44
Yes but this was the standard pressure Fuze, by snow, swamp, grain and un-mown meadows was the DM39 higher in the effectiveness, or?

Yes this is right......but it is not possible to use the DM39 in the normal fuze pocket......only in the side or lower fuze pocket.
For use the AT Mine DM11 as booby trap in snow, swamp or wathever it is possible to use the DM39 and the Pull Fuze DM77.

Only from the DM39, this fuze is not so rare.......the DM19 is much rarer.......i have not found any documentation in many years about the DM19.

I agree. Most likely there is not much. You are amazing me with facts like that replacement date 1973. Is it when the DM31 mine fuzes where changed?

Same question for the DM11 AT mine fuze DM16. No information at all.
Thank you and hope to see more of your fine pictures!

Instructional literature, of the time, mentions 3 fuzes for the PAMI DM 11, namely MIZ DM 46 (pressure / main fuze), SMZ DM 39 (Knick, an adapter is shown in the drawing) and SMZ DM 77 (Pull, anti-removal fuze ). The training version of this mine used MIZ DM 36 and also the Knickzünder DM 39. This is marked for use only by "Pioniere" (technical troops). Attached is a drawing of the MIZ DM 46.
Bellifortis.
As an addition I show you drawings of the Sprengmittelzuender DM 39, Knick, Metall and DM 19 which went out of production upon introduction of the DM 39 modell. The German system of naming can be confusing. Many different articels can have the same DM number. The name of the articel is important. The mine-fuze MIZ DM 19 shown above is the 19th modell of mine-fuzes. The Sprengmittelzuender = SMZ DM 19 shown here, is the 19th model of german Sprengmittelzuender= SMZ.

Attachments

• DM 46 Mine Fuze.jpg
    DM 46 Mine Fuze.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 64
  • SMZ DM 19 and DM 39 , Knick, Metall.jpg
    SMZ DM 19 and DM 39 , Knick, Metall.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Thanks for these interesting details Bellifortis.
Two questions :
-You talked about MIZ DM36, practice version of MIZ DM46, but what about MIZ DM30 shown previously ; is it a practice or a dummy inert version ?
-What is the operation (pull, pressure, etc...) of the MIZ DM19 (green with red cap) shown by Rigby ?

Regards

DM19:At the inner sleeve are two rings and it was tensioned to the right and left of the strut, then the brass safety screw with a cord and enough distance pulled. Then the igniter was sharp.
Experienced staff tensioned the two wires with great tension and so the igniter reacted also with cutting of a wire. However, this igniter was replaced by the DM56 because of the too great safety problem.
I had 2 DM19, one with this red plastic cap and one with a blue cap. I think the different color was for various delays?