What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

german incendiary bombs

Alan1

Premium Member
Here are some more German I B's, one dropped at Greenock in an early raid. Includes sectioned examples and a really nice section in a box, presumably Home Guard instructional version. Note that several fins bear ink stamps of codes etc. Alan1DSCN0815[1].jpg

yes - amongst so many other things that I find really interesting.
I particularly like bits relating to the bombardment of Great Britain, either by sea, land or air, and even more particularly if there is provenance.
I forgot to thank LEI 13 HG for his useful reminder that ARP/Civil Defence instructors also used training aids. Sorry.
Alan1

I guess you have the home office incendiaries , one is a near copy and the other is longer and used home office kind wick to simulate a burning incendiary
the first on the left was an original training aid , the next two are the official Home office ones , next a German training incendiary and the last two are British sectioned 4 Lb Incendaries used by the Germans .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Second one from the left there was a post on here about these and who made them, nothing to do with training more like a film but never used.

Second one from the left there was a post on here about these and who made them, nothing to do with training more like a film but never used.
Hi no I had this given to me by the ARP man from Harrow who used it for training wardens when I was about 10 years old which started my interest along with some other items there was a lot were on the market in the late 80,s that were found from a being knocked down factory that manufactured them for the home office , I heard too the rumour they were made for the Battle of Britain film which is incorrect .
someone said because they were stamped EOD that dated them to the 70,s when the abbreviation was adopted for NATO but EOD was from what I’ve researched into the origin of EOD was used by a regiment in the states in late 1930,s .

Last edited:
I have sort of accumulated.
Many years in the Reserves helped.
Old friends and ex Disposal retired mates also helped, both Army and Navy.

I have sort of accumulated.
Many years in the Reserves helped.
Old friends and ex Disposal retired mates also helped, both Army and Navy.
Same here Alan I did TA service in the 1970,s in the Royal Signals as a radio operator .
in my early days of collecting there were still lots of `bomb disposal officers and men around who gave me `fFuzes etc , sadly there are non left .

Same here Alan I did TA service in the 1970,s in the Royal Signals as a radio operator .
in my early days of collecting there were still lots of `bomb disposal officers and men around who gave me `fFuzes etc , sadly there are non left .
The items you have in your collection from those veterans are wonderful, but the time you spent with the veterans is priceless.