What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German KC 250 III Modified

BOMBSaway1980

Ordnance approved
Does anybody have any better photo of the modified bombs

Attachments

• KC 250 III B25.jpg
    KC 250 III B25.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 121
At the end of the war the UK took more than 70,000 of the chemical bombs for their own use - KC 250s etc. The US and Canada also took large quantities for testing, but this is the first I've seen of attempts to adapt them for use. Not too surprising though, these items were state of the art, very well made and in excellent condition.

Threded nose

At the end of the war the UK took more than 70,000 of the chemical bombs for their own use - KC 250s etc. The US and Canada also took large quantities for testing, but this is the first I've seen of attempts to adapt them for use. Not too surprising though, these items were state of the art, very well made and in excellent condition.

This is a mystery that iv had for a while and never seen another prehaps some one might know about it,,,,,,, Dave

Attachments

• HPIM5421.jpg
    HPIM5421.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 51
  • HPIM5422.JPG
    HPIM5422.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 49
  • HPIM5423.JPG
    HPIM5423.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 44
First thing that comes in my mind is that this bomb body is SD 250 tel ( telescopic tube for nose fuze switch ). Unfortunately I have no good drawing of such one in my archive, but just a tought.

First thing that comes in my mind is that this bomb body is SD 250 tel ( telescopic tube for nose fuze switch ). Unfortunately I have no good drawing of such one in my archive, but just a tought.

Very nice indeed!
I have never seen that before. If this 250 is converted to house that telescopic fuze,is the last picture where the lifting lug would be mounted?

cheers

waff

This is a mystery that iv had for a while and never seen another prehaps some one might know about it,,,,,,, Dave

All of the KC examples that I saw at Porton Down were un-modified - sorry, can't help there.

Hi Dave,

Dos the tail come of ??? If so can you make a photo to show the tail end of the bomb to see what the tail cover looks like.

I think its a Brand C 50 B.

Hi Dave,

Dos the tail come of ??? If so can you make a photo to show the tail end of the bomb to see what the tail cover looks like.

I think its a Brand C 50 B.
hi Kev, Iv never taken the tail off its, a 50 or 70 kg one of the last bombs i brought if i can get the tail off i will post a pic

Not what I was looking for, but I think you will like it. Taken from a 1951 report, this should be interesting to you. I know it will be to Peteblight (thanks to a friend for supplying me with the doc)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 37