What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German KC 250 III Modified

This is a mystery that iv had for a while and never seen another prehaps some one might know about it,,,,,,, Dave

Dave, as Jack has already mentioned I think your bomb is a Brand C 50 B

Here are some drawings for you, though credit goes to Jack for identification!!

HPIM6472.jpg

regards Kev

US subs - very interesting document you posted - I wonder if the photo of the modified bombs relates to the bombs in your document and if so how many were modified??

As far as I know the photo is related to bombs the US took and their experimentation, not to the 70,000 the UK took. Both did quite a bit of range testing in Suffield (Canada), but unfortunately, last I checked Suffield had little records other than what they rounded up off the ranges and destroyed in the 1990s.

I may still have some data on the US stuff, but received a number of documents and need to dig through it all. Not much time for research right now, my evenings and weekends are eaten up by shelf building -

Thanks Jeff for posting the bits you found every little bit helps :tinysmile_shy_t:
And keep up the work on the shelf building you have waited so long to display your items in a nice way :tinysmile_fatgrin_t