What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German mortar fuzes from Afghanistan

Mrfuze

Premium Member
Hello together,
here are 2 different mortar PD fuzes, made by Rheinmetall for export to Afghanistan just shortly before WW II. Both fuzes show arabic markings. I got these from Afghanistan 3 years ago. Very interesting since this are the 2nd & 3rd type of fuzes I have seen, made by Rheinmetal for Afghanistan. I introduced the artillery PD fuze a couple of weeeks ago , I think , under the "cutaways" section.
The longer bodied version has an adjustable delay/non-delay setting screw, which the short bodied version doesn't have. They should both be used for 81mm mortar rounds. I have seen a recovery of one of the mortar rounds in Afghanistan, also Rheinmetal made, with a grey finish on it and black markings.
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• PD f.Afgh., long, 1, GE,.jpg
    PD f.Afgh., long, 1, GE,.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 46
  • PD f.Afgh., short, 1, GE,.jpg
    PD f.Afgh., short, 1, GE,.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 45
very interesting fuzes Erhard thanks for sharing them with us

Tja Erhard, you have the fuzes, i have the mortargrenades without fuzes, i think we must try to find a way to make them complete, many thanks and regards Ben