What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German or British hand grenade or?

G1u53pp3

Good evening everyone, can anyone help me with this?

Attachments

• IMG-20240409-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240409-WA0006.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 77
It looks like a German chemical hand grenade. A Handnebelbombe or a Gashandbombe..... The diameter should be around 10 cm.

I think I still see traces of the gray color. Although given the time that has passed it seems strange to me. In any case it is mandatory to notify the authorities

Cutaway of a smoke grenade (above) loaded with chlorosulfonic acid and a choke grenade (below) loaded with bromoacetone. The latter could have had the chemical agent container made of lead or porcelain.

Attachments

• img04102024_264.jpg
    img04102024_264.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 33
the book is written in Italian but talks about German hand grenades. I don't know if there is also an Italian version.
I don't think there was an Italian version of it. As far as I know, only incendiary grenades were used on the Italian side. Excelsior-Thevenot, Thevenot and P.I.