What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German WW1 6cm Gun Boat Round

christhurston

Premium Member
That's a very interesting looking round from siegfreid on SA.
Does anyone know anything about these??? I've never seen one before.

6cm gunboat round

Never seen, or even heard of it. I did see it on SA and it is quite impressive to say the least. He won't ship overseas, so that took me out of the hunt. Dano

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]6 cm/21 (2.4") Casemate Gun C/98 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]6 cm/21 (2.4") S-Bts KL/21[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]6 cm/21 (2.4") Bts KL/21[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Originally developed as a small anti-torpedo boat gun. During World War I this weapon was mounted on some landing craft and also used as a landing gun. Used during World War II on some small coastal defense boats and submarine chasers.[/FONT]
Source. http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_6cm-21_skc00.htm

Very interesting!!! I can imagine that a round like this would be very much a "one off" in most peoples collection.I wonder how long it's going to take for it to move out of my price range???

I got the case for one of these at my local car boot last year for a fiver. They are nice little shells.

ciao
her my 6cm
I would like to see some picture in action.
best regards

Attachments

• 6cm98a rid.jpg
    6cm98a rid.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 65cm Spr dopp + bossolo.jpg
    65cm Spr dopp + bossolo.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 6cm98b rid.jpg
    6cm98b rid.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 62
Very nice,fert,I think it would be fair to say that,just like me,the projectile
is starting to show it's age a bit!!! I am wondering if seigfreid's example is
much the same under the paint???

still there

The gunboat round is still there for snap it up for 65gbp. I'm really surprised nobody's jumped on this one yet. It is a gem...Dano