What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

german WWII glass egg grenade

Eggman39

Premium Member
need some more informations about these german glass egg grenades, i only know that two variants exist and that they are produced in 1945 in saxony.....if there are other examples in collections please send a pic.....
best regards jens

Attachments

• DSC06864.JPG
    DSC06864.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 109
It seems like there were three variants, with an additional one that was cylindrical. The Germans put out a page or two of information on them, I'll try to look for it this weekend.

here are some diagrams I have of the various types of glass grenades, they look better when they are opened to larger format.

Attachments

• eglasa.GIF
    eglasa.GIF
    59.1 KB · Views: 34
  • eglasb.GIF
    eglasb.GIF
    50.4 KB · Views: 33
  • glasa.GIF
    glasa.GIF
    69.6 KB · Views: 27
  • glasb.GIF
    glasb.GIF
    68.1 KB · Views: 25
  • glasc.GIF
    glasc.GIF
    68 KB · Views: 21
Those diagrams may be from the same document. There is not a lot of information available on them and I've only seen a few of them around. One of those was live in an EOD storage bunker. Germany).

Here is the information I have, courtesy of our friends at Sprengschule Dresden. The only information I have seen on this series of grenades. I have also included a photo of my grenade in the collection.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpgDSC_4571.jpg

many thanks for showing the data sheets and the very nice glass egg with the ultra rare metall lid.....

best regards jens

If I remember correctly it seems like there was a Dutch collector that had a type B, but I am not sure that he is a member of the forum -

Great thread on these glass grenades. I have some Japanese smoke grenades and a few inert Molotovs.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance at Yahoo.comm