What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goliath remote control tracked mine

BMG50

Premium Member
I am after scaled drawings with measurements of the remote controlled Goliath tracked mine, thinking about building a replica. Any leads help or information much appreciated.

Thanks Kev just what I was looking for, looks like someone has been putting in a lot of effort in to making such a interesting machine.

Last edited:
If it helps The Canadian War museum has an actual one in there collection. I may have pictures, if not I could go get some maybe, I love that place!

Thanks for the offer of pictures but hopefully the mentioned site may provide all I need. I am sure others would like to see them.

No problem! I will see if I can find them. I never actually knew what those where until I saw and read this. What is it used for?

Thanks Kev just what I was looking for, looks like someone has been putting in a lot of effort in to making such a interesting machine.

I love these little Goliaths, I wonder how much the replica one goes for?

I'd love to own one...

They were used for blowing up tanks, from a distance. Wire controlled.

You sent them towards the target, when it got there, boom!

Have a look at these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhK8L0PgPdA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-enXPbHk4wM

Last edited:
There is a good sized hardbound book about them. One of our members here in the states has one in disrepair.

I saw the book here in the States. I believe it is published in Europe. Its done by a company that does lots of hardbound books on tanks.

I have tried to contact them but no reply, anyone else had dealings with them. Would make a nice display.

Just had prices back, very expensive for a replica. I could buy myself a nice war time Jeep or Harley for the price they want even taken in consideration the time and effort that would go into making such a piece especially if all the bits are laser or water jet cut.

That will be my next option. Do they have any blue prints in the library, Do you work there?

Last edited:
Hi I am not sure if we have or not you would have to get in contact with our archive department for that.
Yes I work in the workshop at weekends.

we are having our massive tankfest weekend this weekend, 28/29th June if you fancy a trip down ? Have a look on our website for details you will get to see all our arena displays plus trade stands and reenactors displays plus the museum visit tankfest it the worlds largest tank display I will be working there crewing the tanks.

From Bazooka Chris

If i were to measure up i would have to visit at a much quieter time.

Just had prices back, very expensive for a replica. I could buy myself a nice war time Jeep or Harley for the price they want even taken in consideration the time and effort that would go into making such a piece especially if all the bits are laser or water jet cut.

How much do they want for them?

About 13.800 Euros for a new complete one, 9,300 Euros for a used one, 7,700 Euros for a kit, 3.500 Euros for a track set.