What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gr.Z. 16 Type 1 ou 2

Tarbelin51

Ordnance approved
Hello
It seems that this is a fuze Gr.Z.16.
But what model or type.
Does anyone have some information and / or drawing.
In advance thank you all.
EOD-DBT-012

Attachments

• P1100983-1.jpg
    P1100983-1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 81
  • P1100986-1.jpg
    P1100986-1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 53
  • P1100987-1.jpg
    P1100987-1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 47
think you mean more likely a Gr. Z. 17? But for this one I think it is a dutch fuze. Are there any stamps on it?

Gr.Z.16

I have seen now 3 types of this fuze, all with different tip assemblies.
The internal parts are very common:
5 segments, setback ring, needle,spring and primer. carrier, it is certainly a German construction, but there is not a real model designation to it. In a Belgian/French fuze document from WW I there are at least 2 of these fuzes described, marked with " unknown nomenclature" as far as I remember. Certainly German made for ????
Mrfuze, USA

I have seen now 3 types of this fuze, all with different tip assemblies.
The internal parts are very common:
5 segments, setback ring, needle,spring and primer. carrier, it is certainly a German construction, but there is not a real model designation to it. In a Belgian/French fuze document from WW I there are at least 2 of these fuzes described, marked with " unknown nomenclature" as far as I remember. Certainly German made for ????
Mrfuze, USA

I agree with Erhard. Haven't got the manual to hand at present.
Richard

yes, it is a german construction - patented by Krupp. In WW1 the german navy used fuzes of same construction without any known designation. After war Bofors continued producing these fuzes. I have one dutch Schokbuis No.** which has nearly same shape but it is made completely of brass.

Shape of fuze (except the groove around fuze body) and material description of this one (german navy) fits well:

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25260&d=1264198439

Knowing the name of it would be nice, but there is a big lack of german WW1 navy documents...

@Tarbelin51: please measure the diameter of the fuze thread...

Last edited:
Thank you all
Yes, I already saw this sketch, but no name.
I actually think it's German manufacturing and the first World War.
A name would be a good way forward.
Principle to lock, leads me to offer you a second fuze running on the same principle and given for 17cm.

Attachments

• P1110203-A.jpg
    P1110203-A.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 40
  • P1110206-A.jpg
    P1110206-A.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 36
  • P1110207-A.jpg
    P1110207-A.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 40
  • P1110209-A.jpg
    P1110209-A.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P1110213-A.jpg
    P1110213-A.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 37
You are right it is for 17 cm. The name of this fuze is: "Kopfznder fr Sprengranaten mit Klappensicherung (17 cm)". It is also of Krupp origin (like 99% of german WW1 navy fuzes). Very rare piece!

another version of the unnamed nose fuzes

Here is another modification of the above mentioned nose fuze, the only markings is the "M" stamp for German Navy WW I dated 1918.

Attachments

• Navy PD fuze, 1, GE,.JPG
    Navy PD fuze, 1, GE,.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Navy PD fuze, 1a, GE,.JPG
    Navy PD fuze, 1a, GE,.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 34
Mrfuze and Alpini, thank you for this info.

Mrfuze, the system inside is the same?

Same operating principle. Another model that I did not know.

Here is a drawing showing the internal parts of the german fuze "fr 10 cm Marinegeschtz"

Pascal

Attachments

• sans marquage_resize.JPG
    sans marquage_resize.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 41