What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GR34 round - Spanish civil war?

Spitace41

I got this GR34 round and was told that it was found in Spain. Did they use such mortars in the Spanish civil war? Also what kind of fuse should I look out for as it does not have one?

Attachments

• GR34.jpg
    GR34.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 46
Hello,

This 81 mm mortar grenades were used a lot in the Spanish Civil War for the Republican Army. They were known as "GRANADAS BRANT" and were used of 60 millimeters, too.

The fuzes that used: The original Brandt model 18 IR, the "RemondY - Gaba" R.Y.G. model 1918, the French 24/31 model 1899/15 called in Spain "Cabeza de Tornillo - head of Screw" and other fuzes manufactured in Spain, for example, the fuze "Valencia" or the fuze "Rubio".

By this way, the mortar grenade the high capacity Brandt were used in Spain, too.

I put pictures.

Cheer,

Granada Brandt 81 mm Gran Capacidad

Granada Brandt with fuze "Cabeza de Tornillo" french mod 1899/15

Fuzes used in Granadas "Brandt". The extreme left and right were not used in 81 mm grenade. They are the fuzes "Ferrobellum" used in grenade mortar of 60 mm.

Granada Brandt with fuze "Rubio" designer for Antonio Rubio Vergara, engineer spanish.

Last edited: