What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenade auction lot

Lou

Hey gang, Heres three I picked up two weeks ago on a live net auction. The first two,U.S. base balls.One practice and one OD green.The green one is in unmolested shape.Its a keeper I think,even though Im not big into modern grenades.""Thank you all for the offers and directions for locations of fuzes.My favorite lurker Ordnance is hooking me up with the correct inert items.Much appreciation to all of you.""

The second,pineapple,Im not too sure about.Any info on the makings what modle etc,would be appreciated.The unfortunate thing is someone has preformed some welding on the bottom,and it looks as if it was done quite some time ago.The nomenclature cast into the lugs is as follows, "A" "4" "31"
Im thinking about attempting to knock the welding off the bottom,any advice on that subject would be appreciated also.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!
Thank you all for the information private messages and posts!

Attachments

• grenades 002.jpg
    grenades 002.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 49
  • grenades 003.jpg
    grenades 003.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 38
  • grenades 004.jpg
    grenades 004.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 36
  • grenades 005.jpg
    grenades 005.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 42
  • grenades 006.jpg
    grenades 006.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hello

I don't know very well "modern" grenade, and I'm not expert for american ones...

But I found american grenades shaped ball can be : M33, M59 or M68 (and perharps other ?)

Perharps a clue for you...

Lou, you lucky dog, nice find!! Fuses can be had on gunbroker. M213 for the green one, and M228 for the practice grenade. Lucky find on the frag body don't see them often.

grenade lot

Hi Lou, I myself know little about the more modern grenades like the baseballs but they are everywhere even surplus stores, but that last MK2 is a total sweetheart to say the least sans where Hank the welder got to it. Finding a fuze for that one shoul be nothing short of a "piece of cake". Wonderful find, Lou....Dano

Last edited:
Nice finds Lou!
May I inquire as to what auction site? There must be more than I've been keeping my eyes on.

Nice finds Lou!
May I inquire as to what auction site? There must be more than I've been keeping my eyes on.

Well sir,With all due respect,I dont want to get my ass kicked at the next gun show,and I really dont need any more competition,:xd:so,all I can say is,use your search engine and look for live online auctions.:tinysmile_shutup_t:Theres tons of them out there.I got lucky on this one due to it being held on a thursday during the day.
Sorry for the off subject.

Hey I kinda wonder about these grenades.Ive seen a number of frag remnants for sale and on display in collections.It seems to me that there isnt a whole lot of fragging going on with this modle????The M67?At least not to the point where the internal waffle pattern seems to do any good?

Hi Lou. The M67 has been around for ~40 years, and low order detonations (poor fragmentation) are quite a rarity. They do however make great collectibles, which is why I guess there are so many on display on the internet. Cheers

Attachments

• M67.jpg
    M67.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 40