What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grenade

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Can anyone provide a positive id on this please ,it was found at work this week,rubber bottom ,plastic striker assembly remains of PRACTICE blue paint on metalwork.

Attachments

• Resize_P090910_09.33.jpg
    Resize_P090910_09.33.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Resize_P090910_09.34.jpg
    Resize_P090910_09.34.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Resize_P090910_09.33_[01].jpg
    Resize_P090910_09.33_[01].jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 70
A couple of options

Attachments

• cs rubber.jpg
    cs rubber.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 45
  • rubber tops.jpg
    rubber tops.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
H&W Prac AR Grenade

Can anyone provide a positive id on this please ,it was found at work this week,rubber bottom ,plastic striker assembly remains of PRACTICE blue paint on metalwork.

Allan,

It is a commercial pattern Practice Anti-Riot Grenade by Haley & Weller and dates from about 1994. Part number is N227.

Allan,

It is a commercial pattern Practice Anti-Riot Grenade by Haley & Weller and dates from about 1994. Part number is N227.

Sorry, just noticed that Colin had already effectively sorted out the ID (his photo first item). The hook on the plastic fly-up lever assembly is a bit of a giveaway for H&W production from the late 1980s onwards. There are other possibilities with respect to loadings but your description of the blue paint on the 'tray' ('metalwork') points to this model; if the blue paint is the anodising and just on the nut below the fuze assembly PM me.

Haley & Weller was a wonderful organisation staffed by talented and dedicated folk; in my view the best military pyrotechnics came out of their laboratory. Now a part of Chemring I believe.

Attachments

• H&W-N227.jpg
    H&W-N227.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 36
Great photo Bonnex. I'd not seen the practice one before with the blue lid. One of the tall green ones in my photo has blue paint under the green and I'd wondered what the blues lids represented. Thanks

Sorry, just noticed that Colin had already effectively sorted out the ID (his photo first item). The hook on the plastic fly-up lever assembly is a bit of a giveaway for H&W production from the late 1980s onwards. There are other possibilities with respect to loadings but your description of the blue paint on the 'tray' ('metalwork') points to this model; if the blue paint is the anodising and just on the nut below the fuze assembly PM me.

Haley & Weller was a wonderful organisation staffed by talented and dedicated folk; in my view the best military pyrotechnics came out of their laboratory. Now a part of Chemring I believe.

Thanks everyone for help in identifying this grenade,
Bonnex ref the blue paint scheme it is the one on the left of your photo.
again thanks everyone