What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Groin pullin great time.

Lou

Dont know if any of you will recognise this projectile.This is the projectile that was on Ebay,that was pulled 5 times,it was dressed in a god awful black and white coat of latex house paint.

7hrs round trip to pick it up,couple of bills,6hrs taking the paint off layer by layer by layer very carefully till I got to the original patina and finally a strained groin.Was it worth it??You be the judge.....

Stamped nomenclature, royal crown over and M. Gwk III 18 / S 25 2370 with all three parts marked 4553

Slight pitting,traces of original paint,driving band a little beat but an awesome shell. Any info,comments,questions appreciated!!!Krupp? Aprox 32"tall 7"wide Weighs in at 115lbs

Attachments

• WWI big 001.jpg
    WWI big 001.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 55
  • WWI big 004.jpg
    WWI big 004.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 73
  • WWI big 010.jpg
    WWI big 010.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 64
  • WWI big 013.jpg
    WWI big 013.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 62
  • WWI big 017.jpg
    WWI big 017.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Very Nice Indeed

Imperial German Navel issue, just how big is this ? Should be identifiable. Hopefully one of the lads can find you the fuse for it too. I'd say Very well done.

7" projectile

German WWI 17cm Krupp (Haube) projectile for the field and railway gun. There was another one of these up last week on the site. Guns and ammo were brought back by the US for study after the war. Projectiles turn up but a lot more difficult to find cases. The case is straight, 42 inches tall. This was a separate loading gun, but if you can turn up a case, the projectile fits nicely and makes a very impressive round. Correct color is yellow with a 2 inch black band at the shoulder (which on this projo is at the mid point) and a black tip. I have one with original paint that also has 4 numbers stencilled in white just beleow the ballistic cap.

Very nice Lou, it always amazes me that this sort of stuff still surfaces so long after WW1. A good find.
Dave.

Dont know if any of you will recognise this projectile.This is the projectile that was on Ebay,that was pulled 5 times,it was dressed in a god awful black and white coat of latex house paint.

7hrs round trip to pick it up,couple of bills,6hrs taking the paint off layer by layer by layer very carefully till I got to the original patina and finally a strained groin.Was it worth it??You be the judge.....

Stamped nomenclature, royal crown over and M. Gwk III 18 / S 25 2370 with all three parts marked 4553

Slight pitting,traces of original paint,driving band a little beat but an awesome shell. Any info,comments,questions appreciated!!!Krupp? Aprox 32"tall 7"wide Weighs in at 115lbs