What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gspragge

imaokie2000

I had to go to Texas today to pick up a truck. My wife called me while I was on my way back to tell me I got a heavy package from Gspragge and asked if I wanted her to open it, knowing how tired I'd be after driving all day. I immediately thought about his packing skills and told my wife that power tools could be needed to open it and to leave it to me.

Normally, you need a sharp knife, a little patience and plenty of time to get into his packages. A nice pair of cut resistant gloves is useful too. He didn'tlet me down at all.

When I got home, I was like any kid at Christmas. I wanted to get that package open fast! I cut around the top and tried to open it but the top wouldnt come off, I cut deeper and it still wouldn't budge. Next, I buried my knife into the side and sawed around the side about an inch down from the top and it opened up like a tin can! This box was a good 3/4" thick. It was at least 7 layers of cardboard glued together. An armored car could have run over it and not torn it open! Each individual component was wrapped separately and styrofoam packing, packed between each individual package. I figure the only reason Customs didnt open it is because they were too lazy to deal with it. Lol

Gspragge has quite a reputation as a Collector, a fantastic guy and the best Packer a lot of us has ever seen!

I was going to suggest a chain saw, but the det cord trumped that! I ONCE TRIED THE BREAD KNIFE, TO NO EFFECT. Gordon HOLDS THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR PACKING.