What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H&W E182 Stun Grenade

GZ22

Hello again to you all.

Due to the very low chances of me ever actually finding any for sale I am thinking of making some replica Haley & Weller E182 stun grenades, but I am unsure of the exact measurements of them. I have found some information which states the measurements as:

2.2in (50mm) in diameter, 4.1 in (104mm) long, weight 9oz (250g)

I would very much appreciate if someone could let me know if these are correct or not please. Additionally, If anyone knows the measurements of the lever too that would also be good for me to know.

Kind regards,

GZ

Last edited:
Hi GZ,

I wouldn't think these are that rare. Attached picture shows an E180 which looks to be the same shape.

The length is 134mm and the lever is 89mm long x 16mm wide.

hope this helps

Smirky

Attachments

• e182.jpg
    e182.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 54
Thank you very much for your help, very much appreciated. If it's not too much of a bother, would you happen to know the depth of the igniter housing (the upper black portion)?

measures 14mm.

By the way, do you know anythng about the use if the electrical contacts under the top plugs. I always guessed it was for electrical detonation ??

Any more measurements just ask.

Smirky

Yes, you're right. The head piece contains a circuit board which forms a firing circuit that leads to the Fuzehead. The two points are sockets, both able to accept a pin to which is attached a wire leading to a remote power source and switch to enable remote ignition of the device.

Thank you again for the measurements - so I take it that the diameter is 50mm then?

That figures, I remember measuring volts on it and concluded that it must have a battery inside.

Yes, diameter is 50mm over the body and 51mm over the plastic top. There is a groove between the two portions 4mm wide. It starts off square and 2mm below the plastic for the top 2mm and then slopes up to the 50mm diameter of the body.

Smirky

Spot on, thanks for the extra info. I will get to work making the reproduction and let you know how i get on.