What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H25 with a surprise

Richard709

Found this box locally after being tipped off about a new dealer,

Web H25 matches fuzee 001.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 002.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 003.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 004.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 005.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 006.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 009.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 011.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 012.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 013.jpgWeb H25 matches fuzee 014.jpg

Nice surprise was finding 2 boxes of fuzee matches, RH has 15 and LH is a full box of 20. I believe to be ww2 1943 as per the box.

Web 20mm 007.jpgWeb 20mm 008.jpgWeb 20mm 009.jpgWeb 20mm 010.jpg

you can see the size difference, gradually getting smaller from ww2, 1960/70's right up to the latest L1A1.

Very nice Richard, glad you found it, he has some nice stuff sometimes in there.
Any luck with the other thing we saw at War & Peace, best regards Weasel.

I went up on Monday, he had quite a wide selection of single items, will be putting him on my travel list for regular visits, as for the fuze no joy yet, but his mate has my details so you never know. I did pick up that mines box and for a good price. Richard

These were inspected at 154 Forward Ammunition Depot (FAD) Wulfen, West Germany (then) in May 1962. The middle match is Match Fusee Small.

Last edited:
501, are those tin liners resealable when they have been opened for inspection?

They could be, but due to the nature of the store it is unlikely in this case.
Resoldering was always done with SAA after inspection and they were given an immersion test to prove the seal.
The H52s in the H51s are made of terne plate which has the advantage, when resoldering, of containing lead.
The one thing I would say about post inspection depot resoldering is that there was a far stronger joint than at production, so you generally broke the handle trying to get the lid off to use the ammo.