What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HADJI\'s - AP, HE, IED, RPG

Found a pic. here the PG-9 with proppeling charge
pg9v.jpg

Thanks for posting that Blu ..that explains volumes.
Several of the guys told me they did run up against a few of these Recoiless "Rifles" when we first went in. They are not easily hidden so , I guess the "insurgents" have given up on using them these days ..but they still have the rounds .
I don't know if the Iraqi Police or Army still have any BMP's in service

Here's another example that they tell me has been now showing up over there.
RPG75 ..looks like a cross between an M72 LAW and an RPG
DSC01502.JPG

The Instructors were VERY interested in that 75 since ..although it doesn't pack the same "punch" as an RPG7 ...it's a lot easier for them to conceal.
Not exactly what we need at this point.

Some where in here there must be some.(taken in my days in Cambodia)
A_bunch.jpg

spotter wrote:
Sorry for deviating the post but whats an HADJI

Hi Spotter you remember how the American Soldier was always referred to as Joe , the British Tommy, Germans Jerry
The American Soldiers today refer to the Locals as Hadji right along those same lines.

I just had this sent to me from a friend on duty in Afghanistan. He saw this "Poster" (looks like a bed sheet) hanging on the wall in a School

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 30
I would guess thats a warning poster for the kids not to touch anything they find?

best

waff

Last edited:
That's got to be a big part of growing up over there ..learning what NOT to touch. Imagine what they find in the caves. One SF SM (also a Collector) told me they found a Cave way up north that had a stack of French Lebels and a few Adrian Helmets ...he said he expected to find British Enfields..maybe even a few Martinis ..but he never expected to find anything pre WW1 French and wondered what they were doing there.

Last edited: